A little help, please! The Difference between an Enrolled Agent vs CPA

Enrolled Agent (or EA) is a type of tax advisor who is a FEDERALLY authorized tax practitioner empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. Enrolled Agents represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for tax issues including audits, collections and appeals.

A Certified Public Accountant (or CPA) is an accounting professional who has passed the Uniform CPA examination and has also met additional STATE certification and experience requirements.

What’s all that mean?

An EA is a great choice if you owe back taxes, need tax returns filed or when you have out-of-state returns. They know how to work with the IRS to quickly resolve and negotiate the best outcome on your behalf. And because they are empowered by the Department of the Treasury, they can even represent you if you need tax help in different states.

A CPA tends to make their money performing tax, accounting and financial services to businesses. CPA’s are great for accounting help and guidance, getting organized and making sure your ongoing deductions, expenses and income are in order.

If you’re still unsure on which direction is right for you, or just have some questions give us a call! (720-452-2915). You can rely on us!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *